Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 - Wii U
Leading-Edge Fitness Program
Do you want to know what’s even scarier than the bathroom scale? Thinking about how much it would cost to buy a gym membership, hire a personal trainer, and start a weight loss program like Jenny Craig. Or, you could let Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 game for Wii U help you set and achieve your fitness program in the comfort and privacy of your living room.
Your Shape for Wii U is packed with workouts and moves covering strength building, cardio, stretching/yoga, dance and more. There’s an exercise for anyone, no matter your fitness level. Get your own personal trainer with personalized fitness programs tailored just to you. If you need a little extra motivation, connect online with friends to compete and collaborate.
It’s easy to avoid stale workouts in Your Shape for Wii U. There are more than 125 different workouts and 215 moves at your fingertips, giving you plenty of options to stretch, lift or dance your way closer to your goals. Choose you goals, workout frequency, and fitness level, and Your Shape will create custom fitness program that can last up to four weeks.
Anybody from any fitness level can establish a program and find a set of moves that fits their needs. Your fitness level will change, but your customized program is ready, using a progressive learning curve to track your progress and alter to fit you. Even access the recipe database for healthy meals suitable for any occasion.
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 for Wii U provides the fun and motivating features that can make the difference between a successful fitness plan and a failed one. If you’re sick of grinding out exercises, just access Dance Mode to shake the calories away to popular songs. If you need some extra motivation, check out the “Daily-Do’s”, or join the Your Shape community online to access motivating features and community events. Even keep your workout fresh by competing with friends, or earning unique achievements. With Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013, you’ll be the shape YOU want to be in no time.
Workouts are included from Men's Health magazine (e.g. "The Ultimate Men's Health Fat-Loss Workout") and Women's Health magazine ("The Perfect Legs and Butt Workout" or "The Skinny Jeans Workout").
- A Workout for Anyone: More than 125 workouts and 215 moves covering strength building, cardio, stretching/yoga, dance and more. There’s an exercise for anyone, no matter your fitness level. Workouts are set from 5 to 30 minutes depending on level.
- Your Personal Trainer: Personalize your workout program and watch it evolve to fit your needs. Set fitness goals including: Just for fun, lose weight, reduce stress, improve stamina, build muscles, tone uper body and tone lower body. You can set levels from very beginner (coach potato) to advanced.
- Private Dance Classes: Have fun while you stay active with new dance classes. Move and sweat to fun styles, including Latin, Hip-hop, African and Bollywood.
- Get Connected: Get news feeds, online challenges, leaderboards, achievements, and friend competitions. You can check out your personal stats and status wherever you are, or participate in community events and global challenges.
- Cutting Edge Features: Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 continues in the tradition of the franchise by offering the best-in-class workout technology including progress tracking, motivating online features, HD graphics, and beautifully animated virtual coaches.
- Lots of Motivation: - You can earn medals and coins, plus have a daily to-do list. The coins earned can be used to "buy" things in the store including new dance songs and workouts or a new outfit.
- Join the Calorie-Fighter Community: Connect online with friends. Get the support of a helpful fitness community with the established Your Shape Center.
- Healthy Menus: - It’s so hard to find a delicious healthy meal these days. Let Your Shape be your nutritionist, with a database of over 150 recipes for any occasion.
Use of New Wii U GamePad
GamePad makes it much easier to set up your profile and your custom workout program. And you get feedback on the GamePad while you are working out; it lets you know how many calories you have burned. With the Zen program, use the GamePad as part of the exercise. You can also use the GamePad to view menus while in the kitchen versus having to stay by the Wii U Console.
What You Need to Play Game
To play this game you need the latest Nintendo console - Wii U Console, game disc and an additional remote controller. This game will not work on the classic Wii console. Wii U Console includes the GamePad, but you will need an additional remote controller. Any model of the Wii remote should work. Wii Remotes are compatible and will work with both the Wii and Wii U consoles. Popular accessories include Wii Remote Charge Station and rechargeable batteries, Wii U GamePad charging stand (comes with some models), and a Remote Holder Arm Band for hands-free movement.
From the Your Shape Center website, you can join in global Events, community-wide challenges for goals like burning the most calories in a certain amount of time. You can also set personal Goals, such as picking a certain amount of calories you'd like to burn over so many days, and earn trophies for completing them. Or you can create Challenges, inviting your friends to race towards a calorie target, with trophies awarded to the winner. Any goals, events, or challenges you set up on the website are listed and tracked in-game, and while it would be nice to be able to set them up from within the game itself, the multitasking Wii U's internet browser makes it easy enough to do without a computer.
The Your Shape Center also keeps basic statistics in its Dashboard, tracking total calories burned, average calories burned per hour or per session session, and bar and pie charts detailing how you spend your workout time. Leaderboards show how you stack up against everyone else in the country, the world, or within your fitness level, and a NSMB2-esque global calorie counter racks up the sum total of all Your Shape-aided exercise sessions around the world.
How It Works
You start by creating your profile. Using the GamePad, you just swipe your finger to enter information about yourself. You can also choose your fitness level: couch potato, aspiring gymnast, semi-professional, and Olympic legend. You can add a photo id by taking a picture with your GamePad camera. Note: the photo is used if you sign up for online access.
You then get to the main menu, where your options are "Play", "Profile", "Medals", "Store", "Options", and "Fitness Pal". When you press "Play", you're immediately asked if you want to sign up to use online features; once you do this you can work out together with friends by comparing your records to theirs. I
The Play menu itself has a few choices:
1) Activities - There are two types of activities you can choose here.
The first is dancing to hit tunes. Your initial choices are Born This Way (Lady Gaga), Party Rock Anthem (LMFAO), She Wants to Move (NERD), and SOS (Rihanna). Each song has two versions: an easy "rehearsal" mode and a more challenging "performance" mode. As you earn coins (the internal currency of the game) you can unlock more songs. As with Just Dance, you hold the Wii remote in your right hand and have to mirror the on-screen dancer's moves, and you'll get points and accolades if you do. The main difference is that the choreography here is much more carefully designed to provide you a full aerobic workout vs. the dances of Just Dance that balance style and exercise.
The second activity is called "Zen Flow", and provides some fascinating relaxation exercises. In the first one, "Lotus Seat Position", you're told to sit on the floor crossing your legs, and then to hold the GamePad up to the screen. Then, while soothing music plays you move the GamePad to follow a pattern of light that's displayed on both the GamePad and the TV. The whole time, a voice will instruct you on how to breathe and relax.
2) Classes - These are your typical calisthenics-type workouts, with an aerobics instructor talking you through classes which range from about 7 minutes to upwards of 30 minutes for advanced classes. There are different styles of exercise, including:
- "Be Groovin'" (Aerobic Dance)
- Cardio Dance
- Zen Zone (Stretching/Yoga)
- Zen Arena (Martial Arts)
- Power Training (Strength and Conditioning)
The GamePad gives you a continual readout of the time remaining and the calories burned. The main TV screen stays on the workout, but anytime you want to see how much time is left in a workout you just need to glance at the GamePad.
3) News - Here are reports of your progress and your friends' progresses if applicable. You can view high scores and achievements you've unlocked.
4) To Dos - There are many features throughout the game to motivate you to play the game every day, including earning medals (achievements), earning coins (which can be used to "buy" things in the Store). This is one of the better motivations. Every day, the system will give you three "challenges" to play (such as scoring at least 90% in a kickboxing workout, completing a specific song with a certain number of points, etc). If you complete all the challenges you'll be rewarded with a lot of coins.
5) Program - This is another cool feature that lets you set up a recurring workout for up to four weeks. You use the GamePad to set a fitness goal (just for fun, lose weight, reduce stress, improve stamina, build muscles, tone upper body, and tone lower body). You can set the number of weeks (1, 2, or 4), the number of sessions per week (2-4), and your "favorite style" (e.g., dancing, fighting, zen). A training plan will be put together. It gives you a chart of workouts you've completed and workouts you have left for the week, and you can do them as convenient for you.
Back at the main menu, you have the option of going to the "Store" where you can "buy" dance songs, new workouts, and trainer outfits.It used only in-game currency that you need to earn by working out and there are no real money costs.
Lots of recipes are included. In the main menu, recipes are under an option called "Fitness Pal". You can choose a goal (build muscles, child-friendly cooking, lose weight, improve stamina, reduce stress), and you'll be served up menus of very tasty-looking food that you can cook. And because you have the GamePad, you can bring it into the kitchen (and even play some Wii games as you're waiting for your water to boil).
Compatible with Wii U Console. Not compatible with older Wii console.
Which Wii do I have?