Rock Band 3 - Wii
Rock Band 3 is the third main release in the iconic video game series that challenges gamers to live out their Rock & Roll fantasies together in a band situation, both locally and online. The game features an ever expanding song list from every era of Rock & Roll history, easy to pick up yet challenging addictive Note Highway gameplay, compatibility with earlier releases in the series and all platform-specific instrument controllers including most Guitar Hero controllers, extreme in-game character and band customization, and a slew of new features. These new features include: new setlist search functionality, the addition of 3-part harmonies and a keyboard peripheral and expanded play modes, including the advanced Pro Mode.
The Rock Band 3 disc soundtrack contains 83 tracks by the best bands from around the world, including bands that have never appeared in a music game, as well as support for existing Rock Band tracks (Rock Band and Rock Band 2 discs, downloaded songs, track packs, AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack, LEGO Rock Band and Green Day: Rock Band). Additionally, Rock Band 3 gives players immediate access to a music library approaching 2,000 songs by launch, with new content added regularly. With a selection like this, it is clear that Rock Band's gigantic music selection dwarfs that of any other music game on the market.
The full track list includes:
- Amy Winehouse, "Rehab"
- Anthrax, "Caught in a Mosh"
- At the Drive-in, "One Armed Scissor"
- Avenged Sevenfold, "The Beast & the Harlot"
- Beach Boys, "Good Vibrations (Live)"
- Big Country, "In a Big Country"
- Blondie, "Heart of Glass"
- Bob Marley, "Get Up, Stand Up"
- Chicago, "25 or 6 to 4"
- David Bowie, "Space Oddity"
- Deep Purple, "Smoke on the Water"
- Def Leppard, "Foolin'"
- Devo, "Whip It"
- Dio, "Rainbow in the Dark"
- Dire Straits, "Walk of Life"
- Doobie Brothers, "China Grove"
- Dover, "King George"
- Echo & the Bunnymen, "The Killing Moon"
- Elton John, "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting"
- Faith No More, "Midlife Crisis"
- Filter, "Hey Man, Nice Shot"
- Foreigner, "Cold As Ice"
- Golden Earring, "Radar Love"
- HIM (His Infernal Majesty), "Killing Loneliness"
- Huey Lewis and the News, "The Power of Love"
- Hypernova, "Viva La Resistance"
- Ida Maria, "Oh My God"
- INXS, "Need You Tonight"
- J. Geils Band, "Centerfold"
- James Brown, "I Got You" (I Feel Good)
- Jane's Addiction, "Been Caught Stealing"
- Joan Jett, "I Love Rock N' Roll"
- John Lennon, "Imagine"
- Juanes, "Me Enamora"
- Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Free Bird"
- Manà, "Oye MI Amor"
- Marilyn Manson, "The Beautiful People"
- Metric, "Combat Baby"
- Night Ranger, "Sister Christian"
- Ozzy Osbourne, "Crazy Train"
- Paramore, "Misery Business"
- Phish, "Llama"
- Phoenix, "Lasso"
- Poni Hoax, "Antibodies"
- Pretty Girls Make Graves, "Something Bigger, Something Brighter"
- Primus, "Jerry Was a Racecar Driver"
- Queen, "Bohemian Rhapsody"
- Queens of the Stone Age, "No One Knows"
- Rammstein, "Du Hast"
- Ramones, "I Wanna Be Sedated"
- Rilo Kiley, "Portions for Foxes"
- Riverboat Gamblers, "Don't Bury Me...I'm Still Not Dead"
- Roxette, "The Look"
- Slipknot, "Before I Forget"
- Smash Mouth, "Walkin' On The Sun"
- Spacehog, "In the Meantime"
- Steve Miller Band, "Fly Like an Eagle"
- Stone Temple Pilots, "Plush"
- Swingin' Utters, "This Bastard's Life"
- T. Rex, "20th Century Boy"
- Tears for Fears, "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"
- Tegan & Sara, "The Con"
- The B-52's, "Rock Lobster"
- The Bronx, "False Alarm"
- The Cure, "Just Like Heaven"
- The Doors, "Break on Through (To the Other Side)"
- The Flaming Lips, "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1"
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience, "Crosstown Traffic"
- The Muffs, "Outer Space"
- The Police, "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
- The Ravonettes, "Last Dance"
- The Smiths, "Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before"
- The Sounds, "Living in America"
- The Vines, "Get Free"
- The White Stripes, "The Hardest Button to Button"
- The Who, "I Can See for Miles"
- Them Crooked Vultures, "Dead End Friends"
- Tokio Hotel, "Humanoid"
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, "I Need to Know"
- War, "Low Rider"
- Warren Zevon, "Werewolves of London"
- Whitesnake, "Here I Go Again"
- Yes, "Roundabout"
Product Type: Software (Entertainment)
Platform Support: Wii
Redesigned Music Library
Rock Band 3 allows players to create and save setlists and share them with friends, both in-game and through RockBand.com. In addition, new song filters make it easier to find the types of songs fans want to play and hide the songs they don't, while a built-in song recommendation system will suggest tracks from Rock Band's colossal music library, based on personal fan preference.
Expand the Band
In addition to guitar, bass, drums and solo vocals, Rock Band 3 adds three-part vocal harmony functionality that was introduced with The Beatles: Rock Band and, for the first time ever, a keyboard peripheral to the band. The combination of all these possibilities means that up to seven players can rock together in Rock Band 3 for the ultimate social gaming experience.
Go Pro: Take Your Passion to the Next Level
Rock Band 3 empowers players to develop actual musical skills through the fun of fully scalable Rock Band Pro gameplay. Fans can dive in on the Easy setting to try out basic skills and work their way up to Expert for real mastery. Pro Drums supports three expansion cymbals, with gameplay differentiation between toms and cymbals. Pro Keys (Keyboard) features pitch-accurate keyboard performance across a two-octave range, displayed on an easy-to-read keyboard track. Pro Guitar features noted guitar and bass performances, available for play with either the new Fender Mustang PRO-Guitar simulated guitar controller from Mad Catz, or the Rock Band 3 Squier by Fender Stratocaster guitar controller that is a real guitar/controller hybrid. The Rock Band 3 Squier Stratocaster is a fully functional, full-sized, six-string electric guitar that also functions as a game controller.
New Gameplay Modes
For the casual player, Rock Band 3 has great new party modes that allow fans to get rocking with friends quicker than ever, including party shuffle and persistent drop-in/dropout and difficulty selection from any gameplay screen. For the serious player, the revamped Career Mode features 700+ goals and rewards and seamless leaderboard integration for an endlessly deep campaign experience. Rock Band 3 also adds a suite of social networking tools to the game so fans can engage friends and fellow rockers over Facebook, Twitter and more. Whether players want to jump in for a quick song or take their band to the top, Rock Band 3 has a mode for everyone.
Key Product Features:
- RB3 has great new party modes for quick rocking sessions with friends, as well as a whole new universe of challenges including a revamped Career Mode and 700+ goals and rewards
- Game track list contains over 80 of the best bands from around the world, including bands that have never appeared in a music game, and support for existing Rock Band tracks
- Create and save set lists, and share them with your friends online and enjoy improved song sorting makes it easier to find the songs you like
- Expand the band with the optional keyboard peripheral and 3-part vocals harmonies, together allowing support for up to 7 players
- Take your passion for music to the next level with Rock Band Pro functionality that lets you develop real musical instrument skills through gameplay