New U Fitness First Yoga and Pilates for Wii
This item has been discontinued. Shop the latest
Yoga and Pilates Games and DVDs >
New U Mind Body Yoga & Pilates Workout combines two of the most popular and rewarding fitness methods in one exercise program in order to help meet your specific exercise goals. Whether it's trimming up your waistline, developing your body strength, improving your posture or overall fitness, NewU Mind Body Yoga & Pilates Workout takes your specific fitness goals in mind and customizes a set of exercises specifically to target your needs. With over 115 different exercises demonstrated and led by live action videos of real fitness trainers, NewU Mind Body Yoga & Pilates Workout brings you the intense yoga & pilates training you'd expect from a serious exercise program complemented by real-time feedback and precise motion tracking utilizing Wii MotionPlus™ and the Wii™ Fit Balance Board. It's a great way to get a Yoga and Pilates workout in the privacy of your own home at a fraction of the cost of classes.
- 117 standard exercises
- 4 core skills exercises
- 3 personal trainers
- 1 breathing exercise
- 4 meditation poses
- 6 workout locations
- 10 customizable goals ranging from weight loss to relaxation, stamina, relieving back pain & more
- Compatible with Wii™ Balance Board and Wii MotionPlus™
- Customizable Fitness Goals: The program will design a workout specifically for you, blended from both worlds of pilates and yoga, based on one of ten different workout goals. The program even includes post-natal exercises for new mothers!
- Packed with Motivators: Rather than just drilling you through exercise after exercise with no feedback and no rewards, NewU Mind Body Yoga & Pilates Workout provides you with real-time feedback and encouragement on your performance as well as a multitude of awards based on your execution of both individual exercises and entire classes, giving you motivation to strive for perfection.
- Program Flexibility and Variety: Feel like changing up your routine? Have your fitness goals changed since you've started using the program? NewU Mind Body Yoga & Pilates Workout allows you to change goals at any point in the program without sacrificing all of your records, stats and progress.
- Technical Precision: NewU Mind Body Yoga & Pilates Workout utilizes both the Wii Balance Board and Wii MotionPlus to track your exact movements, ensuring precise execution of each and every pose and exercise.
- Both Learning and Doing: Forget cartoon avatars and animated demonstrations - NewU Mind Body Yoga & Pilates Workout uses actual video of real yoga & pilates trainers to both help you understand how to perform and to guide you through each exercise.
This is where you can do your daily classes, each of which is basically a string of yoga or Pilates exercises put together one after the other for about 30 minutes. You can have the system select a class for you, if you're in a hurry you can choose a "quick class", or if there are certain exercises you like you can create a custom class. From here, you can also practice exercises, perform Pilates Core Skills (Water Tilt, Zip Up, and Drawing In), or try some Challenges which really do test your endurance (e.g. Pilates 100, Side Plank, Crescent Moon Standing, Tree Pose, or Perfect Warrior III).
This is a very interesting part of the program where you can try different meditation techniques, such as Healing, Let Go, Third Eye, Energizing, and Calming. To reduce stress, you might try "Let Go" . The instructor will calmly say instructions to you, calm images will appear on the screen, and peaceful music will play. You can choose Meditation any time from this menu, or you'll be given the option to meditate after a workout.
There are standard yoga and Pilates moves such as airplane, dancer's pose, dog tilt, crescent moon standing, and sun salutation (30 moves under the "Advanced" setting; other settings will have fewer). As you perform each, you'll see a video image of your instructor in front of the vista you selected.
With the use of video, you can see exactly what the instructor is doing. In addition, before each exercise, you can select "show me first" where the teacher will literally talk you through a step-by-step tutorial. You can also view an 'About this Exercise' blurb which explains the goal of the exercise.