EA Sports Active - WiiReviews have been off the charts. A fun, affordable fitness game featuring over 25 exercises.
Review from one buyer: Wii Active is AWESOME! I was holding out big hopes for this game because it offers full use of the wii motion controls and balance board for feedback. I just finished a full 40 minute workout and it was great! I feel like I just came back from the gym. The sports drills on Active are really intense, you actually have to jump to do volleyball serves and the motions are exactly as they are when you play the game. During kickboxing you are able to use the balance board to kick the heavy bag and do knee ups which really got my heart rate up. I chose the 30 day challenge simply because it seemed like the quickest way to get started. The range of activities was really astounding and I enjoyed the entire workout. It was great to have the game give feedback on form. The exercises included cardio, sports drills, resistance upper and lower exercises and track.
Introducing EA SPORTS Active exclusively for the Wii. Designed in collaboration with fitness expert Bob Greene, best known as Oprah's personal trainer, EA SPORTS Active provides a fun, inexpensive and easy to maintain regimen designed to encourage physical fitness and healthy living. It's like having your very own personal trainer in the comfort of your home, offering the promise of a better you, in just 20 minutes a day.
EA SPORTS Active tracks your movements on screen to give you real time feedback on your workout. Track both upper and lower body movements and experience Wii controls in a whole new way with our specially designed leg straps. There will be one provided in each box so you can work out alongside a friend or family member.
Embark on the 30 Day Challenge and use the structure as a road map to reach your goals. Your trainer will be the focal point of the experience and create a new 20 minute workout for you every day, providing clear instruction, motivation and positive encouragement.
EA SPORTS Active features a wide variety of activities that target upper body, lower body, as well as cardio. Each daily workout will feel different then the last and increase in intensity as you work up a sweat towards your goals. In the custom workout mode, you can cater the length of the workout to the time you have available, which body areas you want to focus on and identify your favorite of the over 20 exercises - and you will see how many calories you are burning in real time.
Key Features Include :
Check out the EA Sports Active Multiplayer Pack - an accessory pack that includes strap and band for second player. Available in Wii Accessories.
- Active Fitness Made Fun and Easy - 20 minute circuits feature variety and familiar activities that target upper body, lower body as well as cardio. Start off with a run, followed by bicep curls and get your heart beating with some cardio boxing. Get fit and have fun in minutes a day!
- Benefit of a Trainer in a Box - Your trainer will be the focal point of the experience guiding you towards your own version of personal achievement. Feedback will be given throughout your workout, keeping you on track to reach your fitness goals.
- 30 Day Challenge - The game will track your progress as you embark on a 30 Day Challenge and tailor 20 minute workouts to your level of fitness. Circuits will change as you progress each day, and EA SPORTS Active will track calories, intensity and progress throughout your journey.
- New Way to Play - Slip the Nunchuk into the specially designed leg strap and hold the Wii Remote in your hand to track your movements from both your upper and lower body. A resistance band is also included to increase the intensity of exercises such as bicep curls and shoulder presses.
- Get Fit with Friends and Family - Two players can work out together while having their individual calories and workout scores tracked. Using split screens, you both can complete your own customized workout and do them together.
- Workout Your Way - Circuits can be customized to your interest and fitness level. Choose your duration, intensity level & set your own goals for calories burned and workout score.
- Wii Balance Board Compatibility - Get more out of your EA SPORTS Active workout using a Wii Balance Board with added functionality and physical benefits for many of exercises.